Saturday, May 26, 2007

holy shit! cory doctorow got bad customer service!


OMG!!!!!1!11!!!!1

Cory Doctorow was inconvenienced by wanting to use a debit card at a small regional car rental place!!!!

How is this an posting about anything other than CD's inconvenience? Do I care that he didn't read the fine print on this reservation?? Is there an up and coming artist that paints (fill in: robots, big eyed girls, wookies/bigfoot, videogame characters) attached to this company? Is there a limited edition vinyl toy for sale he wants to let me know about after He's ordered one?

Should I expect to hear about service fees he doesn't like paying???

How does he feel about his rental agreement? Is His cellular service contract to His liking?

Is CD going to turn into Andy Rooney? Are the cereal box tabs useless, CD?

The Fox rental service is AT the airport where they were telling you to provide a paper itinerary. Are you telling me you couldn't go back to the counter and just end the matter? No, you walked across to Hertz, rented a car and matter resolved. Which should have been the end of it, a personal inconvenience.


Is the company's policy absurd and asinine?

Sure. But the proper angle is to talk about why car rental companies can't accept debit cards any longer. How does it expose them to loss??(people close their checking accounts after renting) ? Why do so few car rental places offer to accept debit at all??? What happened???

Does he really expect me to have sympathy that he argued with a service person? I was a service person not that long ago and I can tell you that if he'd come to my counter, I may have just found a way to turn him down just for the attitude.

Service people don't care, aren't paid enough and should not be the focus of your dissatisfaction. They don't have the power to make your unreasonable request granted anyway, no matter how long you've chaired this or that, lived on the Continent or Canada.

3 comments:

x said...

My wife and I laughed our butts off at this post. Who are you Erma Bombeck?

Research Monkey said...

And today Mark is lamenting the purchase of a Mis-shapen Tweety Bird popsicle. Puh-leeaaze.

advocate said...

I know can you believe that Tweety Crap? I wonder how MF KNOWS the manufacturer "didn't try" to center the eyes for his kid.

What a messed up world where there is occasionally a lack of quality control, such as on boingboing.